2017: APPLICATION AVAILABLE APRIL 1, 2017; DEADLINE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Arts for All Partnership is a partnership begun in 2015 between The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC) and the Cultural Enrichment Fund (CEF). This unique collaborative funding initiative aims to improve the efficiency of arts grant funding and increase the overall impact of grant funding for arts programming in our communities.
Applications will be accepted from any nonprofit organization in the capital region conducting a program designed to integrate cultural appreciation in the everyday lives of underserved audiences.
The “Arts for All” Partnership is most interested in proposals that will increase access to the arts in the Capital Region through:
- Free public performances for families
- Ticket subsidy programs that fill houses
- Innovative programs that engage and build young audiences
- Educational outreach programs
Priority will be given to programs that increase arts engagement and access among diverse audiences, underserved and/or economically disadvantaged communities.
Equipment may be requested if its acquisition would result in the achievement of a significant efficiency, is required to initiate a new program, or would greatly enhance an existing program.
Funding will continue to be allocated based on each individual partner’s geographic footprint. Nonprofit organizations serving the counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, and the Dillsburg Area and/or located within 20 miles of center city Harrisburg are invited to apply.
Applicants must either be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, or have a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization act as a fiscal sponsor for the proposed project.
SIZE OF GRANTS
The maximum grant award is $5,000. In 2016 grant awards ranged from $500-$5,000. The Arts for All Partnership prefers not to fund 100% of any project.
- April 1, 2017: Application available.
- August 1, 2017: All application materials (both online and mailed or hand delivered) must be received by, not postmarked by, 4:00pm.
- Applicants will be notified of their status in December 2017.
- Proposed projects may take place at any time during the grant year beginning January 1, 2018 and ending December 31, 2018.
SITE VISITS & AGENCY INTERVIEWS
Upon review of your application, the Arts for All Partnership Committee may request a site visit and/or interview with program staff at your agency.
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND
This grant opportunity does not fund:
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
All applicants are invited to contact Jennifer Strechay, Program Officer for Community Investment at 717.236.5040 or email@example.com to discuss an in progress or proposed project. Applicants may also request one review of their application materials by Ms. Strechay prior to submission; please note that requests made later than two weeks prior to the grant submission deadline will not be honored.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATING PROPOSALS
The criteria used by the Grantmaking Committee include cultural appreciation & diversity, project summary & results, project relevance & collaboration, fiscal planning, control, & sustainability, and organizational mission & capacity. Click here for a detailed description of the evaluation criteria.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
To begin your application, you must utilize our Online Application. The Online Application will instruct you to upload documents and mail or deliver specific attachments. A complete application will consist of the Online Application and receipt of the mailed or delivered attachments; incomplete applications will not be considered. All elements must be received—not postmarked—by 4pm on the deadline date. Please note: to access the Online Application, you must enter your Tax ID Number; you will not will not be able to access the application without it. If using a Fiscal Sponsor for this project, be sure to follow the “Fiscal Sponsor” information below.
- The Proposal Narrative, Budget Worksheet, and Checklist & Signature Page are available for download on the Attachments Page of the Online Application and must be used. Failure to use TFEC’s template will cause your application to be eliminated.
- You may Save and Finish Later at any time during the Online Application process; please remember to submit the finished application prior to the deadline!
- Do not submit binders, brochures, newspaper articles, folders, photos, etc. Do not staple any submitted paper materials. Hard copies of uploaded materials are not needed.
- Applicants with current grant awards from TFEC or CEF who are delinquent or non-compliant in grant reporting requirements may have subsequent grant applications denied.
- Only projects taking place during the grant year beginning January 1, 2018 and ending December 31, 2018 will be considered for this round of funding.
Throughout the course of submitting your Online Application, you will be required to upload the following:
REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS TO BE UPLOADED IN THIS ORDER BY 4PM ON THE DEADLINE DATE
- Proposal Narrative
- Budget Worksheet
- Board of Directors List. You must include professional affiliations (i.e. current work position)
- IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter
- Your most recent IRS Form 990. If 990 is not available, please upload applicant organization’s most recent financial statement.
To complete your application, you will also mail or deliver the following:
REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS TO BE MAILED OR DELIVERED BY 4PM ON THE DEADLINE DATE
- A Completed Checklist & Signature Page form with original signatures. Original Signatures are required. Scanned or copied signatures will not be accepted. Failure to submit original signatures where required will cause your application to be eliminated from consideration.
- Three letters of support with original signatures. Letters of support from the applicant organization’s Board of Directors will NOT be accepted. Identical form letters are discouraged.
- If you have indicated COLLABORATION WITH OTHER AGENCIES, you must include letters with original signatures documenting the relationship. Include one letter from each agency indicated in your Proposal Narrative.
- If using a FISCAL SPONSOR, you must include a letter signed by the Executive Leader of the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor indicating their agreement to act as your Fiscal Sponsor. An original signature is required. See “Fiscal Sponsor” information below for all instructions.
If using a Fiscal Sponsor for your application, you must also follow the directions below:
- Your application must include a letter signed by the Executive Leader of the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor indicating their agreement to act as your Fiscal Sponsor. An original signature is required. This letter should be submitted via mail or delivery with your application attachments.
- Enter the Fiscal Sponsor Organization’s Tax ID Number to access the Online Application.
- On the “Application Information” page of the Online Application, you will be required to enter additional information regarding the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor. Name and contact information should be for the Executive Leader of the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Your organization is the applicant organization and all other questions on the application should include information relating to your organization and not the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Upload the IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter of your Fiscal Sponsor.
- If applicable, upload the Board of Directors List for your organization AND your Fiscal Sponsor.
- If applicable, upload the most recent audit or financial statement from your organization AND your Fiscal Sponsor.
The organization acting as your Fiscal Sponsor will receive notification of whether or not a grant has been awarded; if a grant is awarded they will be required to execute the Grant Agreement; and the grant funds will be sent to the Fiscal Sponsor to be allocated to your organization appropriately. Your Fiscal Sponsor will be responsible for ensuring the funds are used as indicated in the original proposal and/or grant agreement.
PLEASE CLICK BELOW FOR THE APPLICATION
- Click here to begin a NEW application: NEW Arts for All Partnership Grant Application
- Click here to return to an IN PROGRESS application: IIN PROGRESS Arts for All Partnership Grant Application
You can Save and Finish Later at any time during the application process. But remember, you must submit the finished application prior to the deadline!
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities, Attn: Jennifer Strechay, PO Box 678,Harrisburg, PA
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities, 200 North 3rd Street, 8th Floor, Harrisburg, PA
QUESTIONS & CONCERNS
If you should have any questions regarding TFEC grant opportunities or your application, please contact Jennifer Strechay, Program Officer for Community Investment, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-231-4463.