Women's Fund Grantee - Girl Scouts in the Heart of PA
2015 Women's Fund Executive Committee
2015 Grantee Recognition Breakfast Attendees
2014 Power of the Purse - Purse Auction
Women's Fund Grantee - Neighborhood Center of UMC
2014 Power of the Purse - Women in Philanthropy Awardees
2014 West Shore Taste of the Chamber Check Presentation
Women's Fund Grantee - Camp Koala
The Women’s Fund was created in 2000 to broaden the awareness of, and respond to, issues affecting women and girls through the power of collective philanthropy with two primary goals:
- Recruit 1,000 women to join the Dream Team by each making a gift of $1,000 which will be used to create a lasting endowment of $1 million to support women and girls now, and far into the future.
- Make grants annually to local nonprofit organizations that focus on bettering the lives of women and girls in the South Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry, and the Dillsburg Area.
The work of the Women’s Fund would not be possible without its many volunteers and leadership. Please click here to view the list of volunteers that comprise the Executive Committee and three subcommittees.
For more information on the Women’s Fund, click here to view the brochure.
If you would like to join the Dream Team, please click here.
If you would like to make a one-time gift to the Women’s Fund, please click here.
Status of Women in the States
The Status of Women in the States provides data on the current financial, social, etc. status of women in the United States and the District of Columbia. The data can be used to raise awareness, improve policies, promote women’s equality, identify needs, and create solutions.
2016 Women’s Fund Grantees
- Bridge of Hope Harrisburg Area – $1,500
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese Of Harrisburg – $3,000
- Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit – $2,000
- Community Check Up Center Of South Harrisburg Inc. – $2,500
- Feel Your Boobies Foundation – $1,500
- The Pennsylvania State University – $1,625
- Perry County Literacy Council – $1,875
- Shalom House – $3,000
- The Salvation Army – $3,000
For specific information about current Women’s Fund grantees, click here.
Women’s Fund Featured Grantee
The current Women’s Fund Featured Grantee is the Camp Koala. For more information about the current featured grantee, click here.
The Dream Team was established in 2011 with a goal and purpose of encouraging 1,000 women to give $1,000 each to create a permanent $1 million endowment; click here to see a list of current Dream Team members. From the endowment, annual grants are made available to local nonprofit organizations that provide services to women and girls in the Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry, and the Dillsburg area.
Featured Dream Team Member
The current Women’s Fund Dream Team Featured Member is Jessica Ritchie; click here to learn more about her!
Women’s Fund Events
The Women’s Fund hosts various events throughout the year. For a complete listing of events, click here.