2020: Application Available October 1, 2019; Deadline February 1, 2020
The Family & Children’s Services of Lebanon County Fund, a fund of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities, awards grants to nonprofit, social service agencies in support of projects which serve families and children in Lebanon County.
These grants may be used to initiate new programs, expand or improve existing programs, fund a strategic planning process, or offer special professional development opportunities. Any request which includes on-going personnel costs must demonstrate how such costs will be met in subsequent years. Equipment may be requested if its acquisition would result in the achievement of a significant efficiency, is required to initiate a new program, or would greatly enhance an existing program. Applicants are encouraged to clearly demonstrate service to Lebanon County residents and/or communities. Applications will be considered without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- Eligible applicants must be a nonprofit or social service agency, or project, serving families and children in Lebanon County
- Applicants must either be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or have a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization act as a fiscal sponsor for the proposed project.
Size of Grants
The average grant is $500 to $2,000. In 2019 grant awards ranged from $500-$2,000. This grant opportunity will not fund 100% of any project.
- October 1, 2019: Application available.
- February 1, 2020: All application materials must be submitted through the online application system by 4:00pm.
- Applicants will be notified of their grant status on or before June 1, 2020.
- Proposed projects may take place at any time during the grant year beginning July 1, 2020 and ending June 30, 2021. Only projects taking place during the stated grant year will be considered for this round of funding.
What We Do Not Fund
The Family & Children’s Services of Lebanon County Fund will not make awards for endowment, construction or renovation of facilities, or for general operating funds. Applicant organizations may submit one application per grant year.
In addition, following TFEC guidelines, this grant opportunity does not fund:
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
Criteria for Evaluating Proposals
The Family & Children’s Services of Lebanon County Fund Advisory Committee makes all grantmaking decision and consists of a dedicated group of individuals committed to the betterment of children, families, and Lebanon County. Committee members evaluate each applicant submission and make valuable suggestions to ensure that work supported by the this grant opportunity will make a difference. The Grant Review Committee may request additional information about the grant proposal prior to making an award or denial.
Applicants may request a draft review of their application materials by the Program Officer for Community Investment prior to submission. To submit a draft review, email all materials to be reviewed as an attachment to email@example.com. Draft review requests should be limited to one review of each grant opportunity and staff will not be able to honor technical assistance requests made later than two weeks prior to the submission deadline.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
You may view, download, and/or print the application below. To complete the application you will need to download, complete, and upload the application and all required materials to the Family application link below within our online application system.
All applicants will follow three simple steps to complete an application to the Family & Children’s Services of Lebanon County Fund:
- Access, download, and/or print the Family & Children’s Services of Lebanon County Fund Grant Application here: Family & Children’s Services of Lebanon County Fund 2020 Grant Application
- This grant opportunity requires signatures and attachments. See the Grant Application for full instructions.
- Log into our online application system at: Click here to begin a NEW application within the online application system or Click here to RETURN TO A SAVED application with the online application system. New applicants will need to create an account login when using the online application system for the first time. All users will complete the Organization Contact Information, Application Information, and Attachments Tabs before reviewing materials for submission. Some information provided in the online application system is identical to information provided in the grant application; please be sure that these answers correspond. For this grant opportunity, all required materials will be uploaded within the Attachments Tab; materials will not be mailed or delivered. Using the Review My Application Tab, review your materials for completeness, be sure to save and print a copy of all materials for yourself, and Submit. Please note that TFEC staff cannot access or view your Draft Materials, and that you must select “Submit” by 4pm on the deadline date.
Helpful Hints: Accessing the Online Application System
- To begin, you will enter the applicant organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number. You will not will not be able to create an Organization Profile without it.
- You may Save and Finish Later at any time when completing the Organization Profile and uploading documents.
- Submit all materials prior to the deadline; the online application system will close after 4pm.
Notes to Remember
- All materials, including letters of support if applicable, are to be uploaded and submitted online for this grant opportunity. Items requiring an original signature should be signed, scanned, and uploaded.
- Only projects taking place during the stated grant year will be considered for this round of funding.
- Applicants with current grant awards from TFEC who are delinquent or non-compliant in grant reporting requirements may have subsequent grant applications denied.
- Questions are welcome at any time and TFEC provides feedback on proposals that were not funded.
If using a Fiscal Sponsor for your application, you must also follow the directions below
- Enter the Fiscal Sponsor Organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number, to access the online application system.
- Your application must include a letter signed by the Executive Leader of the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor indicating their agreement to act as your Fiscal Sponsor. An original signature is required. This letter should be uploaded with your application attachments.
- Within the “Application Information” tab of the online application system, you will be required to provide additional information about the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor under the “Fiscal Sponsor” Heading. Within this section, the Organization Name and Contact Information should be for the Organization and Executive Leader of the organization who is serving as your Fiscal Sponsor. You will also complete all questions regarding registration with the PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations using your Fiscal Sponsor’s information.
- For all other elements of the “Organization Contact Information” and “Application Information” tabs, your organization is the Applicant Organization and all other questions on the application should include information relating to your organization and not the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Upload the IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter of your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Upload the Board of Directors List for your Fiscal Sponsor AND a list of the leadership team for your project.
- Upload the most recent 990 of your Fiscal Sponsor. If the applicant organization has a separate budget or financial statement that would assist the grantmaking committee in their review of an application, this document may also be uploaded.
- The organization acting as your Fiscal Sponsor will receive notification of whether or not a grant has been awarded. If a grant is awarded the Fiscal Sponsor will be required to execute the Grant Agreement and will be sent the grant funds to be allocated to your organization appropriately. Your Fiscal Sponsor will be responsible for ensuring the funds are used as indicated in the original proposal and/or grant agreement.
If you should have any questions regarding TFEC grant opportunities or your application, please contact Jennifer Strechay, Program Officer for Community Investment, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-236-5040.