HARRISBURG, PA — The Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation (MACF) announced $62,840.59 in grant funds have been awarded to 14 Mechanicsburg area nonprofit organizations through competitive grant opportunities. Awarded projects will commence between September 1, 2023, and August 31, 2024.
MACF is a regional foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC).
After careful review of numerous grant application submissions, the following nonprofits were awarded funding for the 2023 – 2024 fiscal year:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region, Inc. – 2023-2024 school-based youth mentoring in the 17050/17055 Community
- Blue Mountain Escape, Inc.- Emergency basic needs and workforce development programs
- Community CARES – Cumberland Street Reach – Mechanicsburg
- Cumberland County Library System Foundation – School readiness and enhancement programs
- Employment Skills Center – Healthcare Training for Residents of Mechanicsburg
- Girls on the Run Mid State PA – Supporting positive holistic health outcomes for girls
- Homeland Hospice – In-home relief
- Hospice of Central PA – Complementary therapies and community bereavement
- Junior Achievement of South Central PA – Junior Achievement programs for Mechanicsburg Area Schools 2023-24
- Mechanicsburg Art Center – Studio HEPA Air Filtration System (Silica Dust Control)
- New Hope Ministries, Inc.- Serving Mechanicsburg residents in poverty
- Pennsylvania Society for Biomedical Research – Mobile biomedical science program for elementary and middle school students in Mechanicsburg
- The Arc of Cumberland and Perry Counties – Providing life saving equipment and training for CIT
- Vickie’s Angel Walk Inc.- Eliminating financial challenges for Mechanicsburg families fighting cancer
To learn more about each of MACF’s grantees, visit www.tfec.org/macf.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION FOR ENHANCING COMMUNITIES
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), the 18th oldest community foundation in the United States, inspires giving by partnering with donors to achieve their charitable goals, and strengthens our local communities by investing in them now, and for future generations. TFEC has been serving the South-Central Pennsylvania counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry, and the Dillsburg Area for 103 years. Regional foundations of TFEC include the Greater Harrisburg Community Foundation, the Franklin County Community Foundation, the Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation, the Perry County Community Foundation, and the Dillsburg Area Community Foundation.
For more information on TFEC, please visit www.tfec.org.
ABOUT THE MECHANICSBURG AREA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
In 1986, Mechanicsburg community leaders established the Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation (MACF) to build charitable funds to benefit the Mechanicsburg area’s ZIP codes of 17055 and 17050. MACF decided to affiliate itself as a regional foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities to help minimize the expenses associated with creating an independent community foundation. The MACF Advisory Committee provides insight on local issues to strengthen fundraising and grantmaking efforts for the benefit of Mechanicsburg area residents.