Scholarships are a great way to fill the gap between the cost of college and the financial support you may be receiving through Federal Student Aid, grants or scholarships from your college, and family support.
It is through the generosity of local individuals, families, and businesses that we are able to offer more than 160 scholarship opportunities. TFEC is the largest provider of scholarships in South Central, Pennsylvania, awarding over $1 million in scholarships to more than 400 local students alone through various scholarship funds administered by TFEC and through management agreements with the Samuel L. Abrams Foundation, the Leon Lowengard and Ray S. Shoemaker scholarships of BNY Mellon, N.A. and York Rotary Club.
Below are some resources the TFEC Scholarship Team put together to get you started.
To Complete a TFEC Scholarship Application
Most scholarship applications need to be completed online. To review the criteria for each scholarship, please refer to the scholarship listings that are searchable by state, student status, school district or those for skilled trades. We also strongly encourage you to visit the Scholarship FAQ page.
To begin the application process, please take the following steps:
- So that you don’t miss any important communication from us, add these two email addresses to your email contact lists:
- email@example.com / Automated emails from the online scholarship system will come from this address. (Do not send emails to this address.)
- firstname.lastname@example.org / You may email us at this address with questions.
- Login to our online scholarship system by clicking the link below. If this is your first visit, you will be prompted to create a new user account and password.
- Complete our eligibility quiz in the online system for more than 120 scholarships in TFEC’s Universal Application that will determine which scholarships you can apply for. Once you have taken the eligibility quiz, the applications that you are eligible to complete will be assigned to you in the online scholarship system. You can save and return to each application as needed until you hit submit.
- In addition to the scholarships in the Universal Application, there are several more standalone scholarships. Be sure to check each scholarship listing to see if you are eligible for these additional scholarship opportunities.
- To complete a scholarship application, additional supplemental documents may be required. These may include:
- A resume
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- FAFSA documentation
- Other scholarship-specific documents. Specific requirements are noted in the application.
If you have additional questions, please call us at (717) 236-5040 or email email@example.com.
Apply/Complete Scholarship Application
Click Here to start an application, create a user name and password or sign back in to complete an existing application.
Did you start an application and need to return where you left off? Click Here to sign back in and complete their application.
The Find a Scholarship feature on our website will help you search all of TFEC’s scholarships for ones you may be eligible for, but there are many other places to look and options to consider:
- Check out free scholarship search websites
- Check IRL and virtual bulletin boards at your high school
- Connect with your school counselor or College and Career Advisor
- Ask your parents if the companies they work for offer scholarships. Ask your own employer!
- Check with the financial aid offices of the colleges you are interested in attending
Visit our Scholarship FAQ page for:
- Step by Step application instructions
- Application Hints
- Video Tutorials
- Free scholarship search websites
- Federal student aid information
- Grant Information
- College preparation website