The Fund For Women & Girls
Giving hope. Creating change.
The Fund for Women and Girls was created in 2000 to broaden the awareness of, and respond to, issues affecting women and girls through the power of collective philanthropy. Women and girls around the world are inordinately represented among the poor, uneducated, and abused. Without a focused effort to combat the issues that face them, they will remain among the underserved. Our vision is of a community where they are afforded the right to live in safety, meet their basic needs for living, have the opportunities to pursue their dreams, and are inspired to experience the value of philanthropy.
in charitable grants to nonprofit organizations serving women and girls since 2008
women & girls served within our region since 2008
granted to 12 nonprofits in 2022
While the Fund for Women & Girls was established in 2000, The Dream Team was established in 2011 with a goal and purpose of encouraging individuals to make a gift of at least $1,000 to create a permanent $1 million endowment. From the endowment, annual grants are made available to local nonprofit organizations that provide services to women and girls in the South Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, and the Dillsburg Area.
Becoming a member of the Dream Team provides hope and creates change for women & girls in our community forever. Memberships are customizable at any level for up to 5 years.Join Today
Dream it. Change it.
“I strongly believe in women helping other women, and providing access to supports and opportunities through programs like this helps touch lives right here in the communities we share in.” -Julia Brinjac, Dream Team member.
Since 2008, the Fund for Women and Girls has granted $395,714 to nonprofit organizations in the South Central Pennsylvania counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry, and the Dillsburg Area, serving women and girls with programs focusing on self- sufficiency, health, human services, diversity, equity & inclusion and education. These grant programs have previously served over 17,000 women within our region.
The work of The Fund For Women & Girls would not be possible without its many donors, volunteers, and members of leadership. Their generosity and commitment to the cause is boundless.
Each year, the Fund for Women & Girls honors local women who are philanthropists through two awards – the Rising Philanthropists Award and the Karen F. Snider Women in Philanthropy Award. These awards celebrate the women who are making an impact on our community.
Karen F. Snider Women In Philanthropy Award
- Must be a female and/or identify as women in ways that are significant for them, who has worked or lived in the South Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, or the Dillsburg Area.
- Must have demonstrated an interest in issues related to women’s health, education, and/or economic self-sufficiency.
- Must have provided a financial commitment to the Fund for Women & Girls and/or other women’s issues, programs, or projects within our local area.
Rising Philanthropists Award
- Must be female and/or identify as women in ways that are significant for them,, aged 21 – 35, who has worked or lived in the South Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry or the Dillsburg Area.
- Must have provided a financial commitment to the Fund for Women & Girls and/or other women’s issues programs or projects within our local area.
Click HERE to see a list of all previous Women In Philanthropy Award winners.
Want to learn more about the Fund for Women & Girls? Subscribe to our newsletter at the link below!
Check out the overall impact of the Fund for Women & Girls.
Join our Fund for Women and Girls Facebook group!
Follow the TFEC Facebook page for impact stories of grantees, events, fundraisers, and all things philanthropic in Central PA.