The Fund For Women & Girls
The Fund for Women and Girls Grantee - Girl Scouts in the Heart of PA
The Fund for Women and Girls 2019 Advisory Committee
Karen F. Snider Women in Philanthropy Awardee Dr. Robyn Holder
Annual Grantee Recognition Breakfast
The Fund for Women and Girls Grantee - Neighborhood Center of UMC
Karen F. Snider Women in Philanthropy Awardee Ann Pehle
The Fund for Women and Girls Grantee - Camp Koala
Rising Philanthropists Awardee Jeshanah McLeod
Giving hope. Creating change.
The Fund for Women and Girls was created in 2000 to broaden the awareness of, and respond to, issues affecting women and girls through the power of collective philanthropy. Women and girls around the world are inordinately represented among the poor, uneducated, and abused. Without a focused effort to combat the issues that face them, they will remain among the underserved. Our vision is of a community where they are afforded the right to live in safety, meet their basic needs for living, have the opportunities to pursue their dreams, and are inspired to experience the value of philanthropy.
Since 2008, the Fund for Women and Girls has granted $193,714 to nonprofit organizations in the South Central Pennsylvania counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry, and the Dillsburg Area, serving women and girls with programs focusing on self-sufficiency, health, human services, and education. These grant programs have previously served over 13,000 women within our region.
The Dream Team
While the Fund for Women & Girls was established in 2000, The Dream Team was established in 2011 with a goal and purpose of encouraging individuals to make a gift of at least $1,000 to create a permanent $1 million endowment. From the endowment, annual grants are made available to local nonprofit organizations that provide services to women and girls in the South Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, and the Dillsburg Area.
Becoming a member of the Dream Team provides hope and creates change for women & girls in our community forever. Memberships are customizable at any level for up to 5 years.
Dream it. Change it.
Featured Dream Team Member
Welcome our featured member Melanie Stine.
See what inspired her to join the ranks of fellow community-minded people involved with the Fund for Women and Girls.
The Fund for Women and Girls hosts various events throughout the year. For a complete listing of events, click HERE.
Each year, the Fund for Women & Girls honors local women who are philanthropists through two awards – the Rising Philanthropists Award and the Karen F. Snider Women in Philanthropy Award. These awards celebrate the women who are making an impact on our community.
Click either of the links below to nominate someone for this year’s award! Nominations are open now through August 31, 2021!
- Must be a female and/or identify as women in ways that are significant for them, who has worked or lived in the South Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, or the Dillsburg Area.
- Must have demonstrated an interest in issues related to women’s health, education, and/or economic self-sufficiency.
- Must have provided a financial commitment to the Fund for Women & Girls and/or other women’s issues, programs, or projects within our local area.
- The nominee gives freely and unselfishly by providing her time, talent, and treasure to philanthropic community activities.
- The nominee inspires others and acts as a role model.
- The nominee has a positive impact on the direction and success of women and children related to community projects, programs, or individuals.
- The nominee improves the lives of others.
- Must be female and/or identify as women in ways that are significant for them,, aged 21 – 35, who has worked or lived in the South Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry or the Dillsburg Area.
- Must have provided financial commitment to the Fund for Women & Girls and/or other women’s issues programs or projects within our local area.
- The nominee has impacted local organizations and has distinguished herself as a leader in the South Central PA community.
Click HERE to see a list of all previous Women In Philanthropy Award winners.
In honor of the Fund for Women & Girls 20th Anniversary, this initiative raised $100,000 to grant five $20,000 innovative, change-making grants to nonprofit organizations that seek to transform women’s education, economic opportunity, and access to health and wellness for decades to come. Grantee’s projects from this grant will be taking place in 2021. Check out the grantee section above for more information about our amazing grantees!
In honor of our 20th anniversary, the Fund for Women & Girls launched our Gratitude Campaign. Show your loved ones how much they mean to you by purchasing a Gratitude Gift Pack! Your purchase ensures that we are able to impact women and girls in your community for generations to come.
The work of The Fund For Women & Girls would not be possible without its many donors, volunteers, and members of leadership. Their generosity and commitment to the cause is boundless.