The Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation (MACF), a regional foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), is pleased to announce 2016 scholarship winners. The Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation currently administers 12 funds that provide scholarships to students in Mechanicsburg. MACF scholarships can be established by individual donors, corporations, and are often in honor or memory of a loved one.
Awardees for 2016 scholarships were:
- Alec Gehman (Seidle Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Cynthia L. Coller Memorial Scholarship)
- Marissa Geraty (Carol Hoy Scholarship)
- Brittany Shields, Miranda Yothers, Anna Harvey, and Hayley Harvey (Ken and Romaine Kauffman Scholarship)
- Tylyn Cupp, Marissa Geraty, Mariana King, Jacob Kurtz, and Alexx Miller (Mechanicsburg Area High School Alumni Association Fund)
- Eugene Rodgers (Harry A. Berkheimer Lineman of the Year Scholarship)
- Jessica Hatch, Daniel Hinssen, Mariana King, Emily La Bianca, and Cassandra White (Rotary Club of Mechanicsburg Charitable Fund)
- Allyson Fea and Gina Joy (Bertha and Byron L. Reppert Scholarship)
- Alec Gehman (Charles Shields Scholarship Fund)
- Tylyn Cupp, Jacob Kurtz, and KieuHanh Nguyen (Singiser Family Fund)
A total of $47,764 was awarded through scholarships for the 2016/2017 school year.
The Foundation is a partner with American Education Services (AES)/PHEAA’s Partnerships for Access to Higher Education (PATH) Program. Scholarship recipients are eligible to have their awards matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis by AES/PHEAA’s PATH Program. PHEAA may match grant funds for TFEC scholarship recipients who are enrolled in an approved PA college or career school, who are state grant recipients, and who demonstrate financial need. The match provides last dollar support for tuition, books, and fees. Scholarship recipient information is submitted by TFEC staff; no additional paperwork is required by students in order to be eligible for a PATH Program match. For additional information on this program, please visit http://www.pheaa.org.