The Perry County Community Foundation (PCCF), a regional foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), is pleased to announce the 2016 scholarship winners. The Perry County Community Foundation currently administers 9 funds that provide scholarships to students in Perry County. PCCF scholarships can be established by individual donors, corporations, and are often in honor or memory of a loved one.
Awardees for 2016 scholarships were:
- Hannah Houtz and Paige Rice (The CODY Foundation)
- Allison Gingrich and LeAnn Gingrich (Baird and Mary Jane Collins Scholarship)
- Taylor Reed (Carrie and George Lyter Scholarship)
- Katherine Dunkelberger (Lee C. Morrissey Fund)
- Kole Barrick (Dr. Harry V. Pfautz D.O. Memorial Scholarship Fund)
- Morgan Stum (Megan Moyer Seiber Memorial Scholarship)
- Lucas Fitchett and Logan Ulsh (Frank E. Tressler Award)
- Samantha McAlicher and Kiley Morrison (Pauline M. Whitekettle Scholarship Fund for St. Paul’s Lutheran Church).
A total of $27,500 was awarded through scholarships for the 2016/2017 school year.
The Foundation is a partner with American Education Services (AES)/PHEAA’s Partnerships for Access to Higher Education (PATH) Program. Scholarship recipients are eligible to have their awards matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis by AES/PHEAA’s PATH Program. PHEAA may match grant funds for TFEC scholarship recipients who are enrolled in an approved PA college or career school, who are state grant recipients, and who demonstrate financial need. The match provides last dollar support for tuition, books, and fees. Scholarship recipient information is submitted by TFEC staff; no additional paperwork is required by students in order to be eligible for a PATH Program match. For additional information on this program, please visit http://www.pheaa.org.