Harrisburg, PA While many live performances were canceled in 2020, the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts recently made a $44,000 commitment to their resurgence in 2021. The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC) has awarded these funds to twenty-two arts-centered organizations in Cumberland, Dauphin, and Lebanon Counties. TFEC receives the funding for these grants from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, a state agency funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
The following organizations have been awarded $2,000 for their programs:
- Cumberland County:
- Cantate Carlisle
- Harrisburg Choral Society
- Metropolitan Repertory CO. d/b/a Oyster Mill Playhouse
- Shippensburg Arts Programming and Education (SHAPE)
- The Art Center for Summer Camps
- The Susquehanna Chorale, Inc.
- West Shore Symphony Orchestra
- Dauphin County:
- Capital Area Music Association
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Harrisburg Area Contra Dance Association
- Harrisburg Gay Men’s Chorus
- Market Square Concerts for Market Square Concerts 2020-21 Season
- Ngozi, Inc.
- Penn State Harrisburg – Kulkarni Cultural Series support
- Stephen’s Episcopal Cathedral – Music by the River – Season 8
- Lebanon County:
- Lebanon Community Concert Band – Patriotic Band Concerts
- Lebanon County Choral Society
- Lebanon County Community Concerts
- Lebanon Valley Council on the Arts
- Mount Gretna Arts Council
- Spinstock Flow Arts Festival
- Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery, Lebanon Valley College
You can learn more about the PA Council on the Arts and the PPA Program at www.arts.pa.gov.
# # #
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION FOR ENHANCING COMMUNITIES
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), a community foundation, inspires giving by partnering with donors to achieve their charitable goals, strengthening our local communities by investing in them now and for future generations. TFEC has served the South Central Pennsylvania counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry, and the Dillsburg Area for nearly 100 years. Regional foundations of TFEC include the Greater Harrisburg Foundation, the Franklin County Foundation, the Mechanicsburg Area Foundation, the Perry County Community Foundation, the Camp Hill Area Community Foundation, and the Dillsburg Area Foundation. For more information on TFEC, please visit www.tfec.org.