The Greater Harrisburg Foundation (GHF), a regional foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), is pleased to announce 12 grant awards valued at $90,000 to support nonprofit organizations that enhance or benefit the lives of citizens in the Central Pennsylvania counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, and the Dillsburg Area.
“We continue to strive to improve the quality of life for those living in our community,” said TFEC President and CEO Janice R. Black. “However, we’re well aware that we cannot do so alone, all of us need to commit to making this region a vital and healthy community and the ‘Our Challenge for Giving’ grants encourage our nonprofit partners to expand their reach and build upon their success to further their missions in helping central Pennsylvania citizens.”
The “Our Challenge for Giving” is GHF’s commitment to award up to $7,500 to increase the number of new private donors, reengage lapsed donors (over 12 months since last donation) and to promote increased gifts of current donors. The grant initiative maintains the traditional funding priorities of GHF, which include arts & culture, community development, education, environment and health & human services.
Grantee organizations have a total operating budget of $1 million or less. Organizations with a total operating budget of up to $250,000 received a $1 to $1 match. Organizations with a total operating budget between $250,000 and $1 million received a $3 to $1 match. Coupled with the matching dollars, GHF’s investment of $90,000 is bringing $255,000 in new dollars to local nonprofit organizations.
Grantee organizations have until December 31, 2017 to raise the required match. If you would like to make a donation to help one of the grant recipients, please contact the organization directly, or call TFEC at 717.236.5040 for more information.
TFEC is a community foundation which aims to stimulate philanthropy and enhance the quality of life in the community through accumulating, managing, and disbursing financial assets while serving as a catalyst and neutral convener to meet a wide range of community needs in south central Pennsylvania.
For more information on TFEC and grantmaking or funding opportunities, please visit www.tfec.org.
The following is a list of grant recipients, the amount of funding awarded and the project name.
- Bridge of Hope Harrisburg Area—$7,500.00 in matching funds for the, “Challenge Grant Opportunity” project.
- Central Pennsylvania Conservancy—$7,500 in matching funds for their project, “Challenge Grant Campaign for Letort Spring Run Wetland Preserve”.
- Family Promise of Harrisburg Capital Region—$7,500.00 in matching funds for their project “Family Promise ARMS program”.
- Feel Your Boobies Foundation—$7,500.00 in matching funds for their project “Partners in Education”.
- Gretna Productions Inc. —$7,500.00 in matching funds for their project “Gretna Theatre Outreach Program Enhancement”.
- M28 Ministry—$7,500.00 in matching funds for their project, “M28 Recovery and Poverty Project”.
- Mount Gretna School of Art—$7,500.00 in matching funds for their project, “Four Pillars, Artists in Residence”.
- Nativity School of Harrisburg—$7,500.00 in matching funds for their project “Breaking the Cycle Breakfast (2017) and Campaign”.
- Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation—$7,500.00 in matching funds for their project “Removing Barriers to Participation in Outdoor Recreation”.
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal Cathedral—$7,500.00 in matching funds for their project “Sycamore House Service Corps Expansion”.
- The Literacy Council of Lancaster-Lebanon LVA Inc.—$7,500.00 in matching funds for their project, “Lebanon County Outreach and Fund Development Project”.
- The Partnership for Hope—$7,500.00 in matching funds for their project, “2017 Sustainability Strategy for The Partnership for Hope”.