Harrisburg, Pa. – After two long years of not being able to gather with friends and family, The Fund for Women & Girls is ecstatic to be back at the Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey Hotel on Tuesday, April 26, 2022, for the Annual Grantee Recognition Breakfast. This year’s event will honor and recognize fourteen local organizations working to advance the lives of women and girls by addressing economic self-sufficiency, health and safety needs, education, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
“The breakfast is important to our cause because it puts names and faces to the organizations our donors generously support,” says Janice Black, President, and CEO of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC). “Without our donors, none of this would be possible. And like many others, we’ve been gone for a little while, but we’re so grateful to be able to gather in person again.”
The organizations being recognized were awarded a combined total of $45,000 in grant funding. They include:
- Bethesda Mission, Women and Children’s Shelter Programs
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region, Savvy Sisters 2022
- Brethren Housing Association, Preventing Homelessness for Single Women in Dauphin County
- Community CARES, Family Emergency Shelter
- Community Check-Up Center of South Harrisburg, Providing Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) for Uninsured Women
- Domestic Violence Intervention of Lebanon County, Developing a Better Advocacy Tool Chest to Empower Survivors
- Employment Skills Center, ASPIRE Plus Continuation – Empowering Women and Girls through Education and Training
- Family Promise of Harrisburg Capital Region, Interfaith Hospitality Network
- Feel Your Boobies Foundation, 2022 Feel Your Boobies® Breast Health Education Program
- Girls on the Run of Lancaster, Increasing Diversity and Breaking Barriers to Participation for Girls in Lebanon & Lancaster County program
- Healthy Steps Diaper Bank, The Silent Crisis
- Safe Harbour, Inc., Short-Term Emergency Shelter Housing Bathroom Renovations
- She’s Somebody’s Daughter, Advanced Dental Services for Women Impacted by the Sex Industry, Exploitation and Trafficking
- Shippensburg University Foundation, SU Pride Center – Ship Cuts for Women, Femmes, and Nonbinary People
To learn more about each of The Fund for Women & Girls grantees visit https://www.tfec.org/our-community/initiatives/womens-fund/womens-fund-grants/.
The Fund for Women & Girls Annual Grantee Recognition Breakfast will be held on Tuesday, April 26, 2022, from 7:30 am – 9:00 am at the Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey Hotel. Proceeds from this event directly support future grantmaking from The Fund for Women & Girls.
To purchase your tickets, visit https://www.tfec.org/wfgranteebreakfast/buytickets/.
About the Fund for Women & Girls
The Fund for Women and Girls, a special initiative of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), was created in 2000 to broaden the awareness of, and respond to, issues affecting women and girls through the power of collective philanthropy. Women and girls around the world are inordinately represented among the poor, uneducated, and abused. Without a focused effort to combat the issues that face them, they will remain among the underserved. Our vision is of a community where women and girls are afforded the right to live in safety, meet their basic needs for living, have the opportunities to pursue their dreams, and are inspired to experience the value of philanthropy.
About The Foundation for Enhancing Communities
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), the 18th oldest community foundation in the United States, inspires giving by partnering with donors to achieve their charitable goals, and strengthens our local communities by investing in them now, and for future generations. TFEC has been serving the South-Central Pennsylvania counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry, and the Dillsburg Area for 102 years. Regional foundations of TFEC include the Greater Harrisburg Community Foundation, the Franklin County Community Foundation, the Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation, the Perry County Community Foundation, and the Dillsburg Area Community Foundation. For more information on TFEC, please visit www.tfec.org.