Walk and Talk; Forests and People; together in the Michaux
Thursday, October 26, 2023 | 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm | Mount Hope Parking Area
About the Event
Join us for a walk and talk with Michaux State Forest environmental educators at Mount Hope to explore the connection between forests and people.
As we walk, we will uncover how the area’s land use has transitioned over time from agriculture to Pennsylvania’s first tree farm to finally becoming part of the state forest. We’ll also discuss the opportunities and challenges of managing the forest as it continues to change.
• We will walk approximately one to two miles. The trail is reasonably flat and moderate in difficulty with rocks and exposed roots in some areas. Unfortunately, this walk is not wheelchair or stroller accessible.
• Please bring water and wear sturdy footwear.
• The nearest public toilets are located at Old Forge Picnic Area located 20 minutes away.
• Cell phone service can be unreliable throughout the forest, please plan accordingly.
• Archery deer season begins in October. While not required, fluorescent orange is recommended.