2019: APPLICATION AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 3, 2019; DEADLINE OCTOBER 15, 2019
New in 2019! The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), announces a new annual competitive grant opportunity available to any visual or performing arts nonprofit organization located in Franklin County, PA for the purpose of supporting the arts in Franklin County. This special opportunity is made possible by the Palmer Family Foundation Fund, a fund of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities.
Funding Priorities & Grant Eligibility
- This grant opportunity is open to any 501©(3) nonprofit visual or performing arts organization located in Franklin County for programs and/or projects that support the arts in Franklin County, PA.
- Organizations who utilize a fiscal sponsor may apply, but all presented work must take place in Franklin County.
- Funding for general operations is not eligible for this grant opportunity.
Size of Grants
A total of $18,000 will be available through this grant opportunity and multiple awards are anticipated. Grants are awarded for one year. This grant opportunity will not fund 100% of any project.
- September 3, 2019: Application available.
- October 15, 2019: All application materials must be submitted through the online application system by 4:00pm.
- Applicants will be notified of their status in December 2019.
- Proposed projects may take place at any time during the grant year beginning January 1, 2020 and ending December 31, 2020. Only projects taking place during the stated grant year will be considered for this round of funding.
What We Do Not Fund
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
Criteria for Evaluating Proposals
The grant review committee for this opportunity consists of a dedicated group of individuals committed to the arts in Franklin County, PA. Committee members evaluate applicant submissions and make valuable suggestions to ensure that work supported by the Palmer Family Foundation Fund will make a difference. The grant review committee may request additional information about the grant proposal prior to making an award or denial.
Applicants may request a draft review of their application materials by the Program Officer for Community Investment prior to submission. To submit a draft review, email all materials to be reviewed as an attachment to email@example.com. Draft review requests should be limited to one review of each grant opportunity and staff will not be able to honor technical assistance requests made later than two weeks prior to the submission deadline.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
You may view, download, and/or print the application below. To successfully submit an application you will need to download, complete, and then upload the application and all required materials to the TFEC online application system.
All applicants will follow three steps to complete an application to the Palmer Family Foundation Fund:
- Access, download, and/or print the Palmer Family Foundation Fund Grant Application here: Palmer Family Foundation Fund 2019 Grant Application
- This grant opportunity requires ink signatures and attachments. See the Grant Application for full instructions.
- All application materials will be uploaded to the TFEC online application system. To access the TFEC online application system for this grant opportunity, all users will begin by using the following link: Click here to begin a NEW application within the online application system. First time users to the TFEC online application system will be asked to create a login. Returning users to the TFEC online application system will use their prior login and password; some information will autofill, please check for correctness. Users who have begun an application to this grant opportunity and wish to return to their saved materials, will use the following link: Click here to RETURN TO A SAVED application within the online application system. Please note, each time the “Click here to begin a NEW application within the online application system” link is selected, you are beginning a new application and previously saved work will not appear. To return to your saved materials, use the “Click here to RETURN TO A SAVED application within the online application system” link.
For this grant opportunity, all required materials will be uploaded within the Attachments Tab; materials will not be mailed or delivered.
Using the TFEC Online Application System
- Information provided to the TFEC online application system will create and/or update your organization’s TFEC profile. Information uploaded to the online application system is shared with our grant review committee. For this reason, some information provided to the online application system is identical to information shared within the grant application; please be sure that these answers correspond.
- When using the online application system for the first time, you will be asked to enter the applicant organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number. This number may be found on your organization’s 501c3 letter or 990 document.
- All users will complete the Organization Contact Information, Application Information, and Attachments Tabs before reviewing materials for submission.
- You may select Save and Finish Later at any time but exiting the application without selecting Save and Finish Later will not save your work.
- Save (on your computer) and print a copy of all application materials for yourself, prior to selecting Submit.
- Please note that TFEC staff cannot access or view your draft materials, and that you must select Submit by 4pm on the deadline date; the online application system will close after 4pm.
Notes to Remember
- All materials, including letters of support if applicable, are to be uploaded and submitted online for this grant opportunity. Items requiring an original ink signature should be signed, scanned, and uploaded.
- Only projects taking place during the stated grant year will be considered for this round of funding.
- Applicants with current grant awards from TFEC who are delinquent or non-compliant in grant reporting requirements may have subsequent grant applications denied.
- Questions are welcome at any time and TFEC provides feedback on proposals that were not funded.
If using a Fiscal Sponsor for your application, you must also follow the directions below
- To access the online application system, you will need to enter Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number, of your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Your application must include a letter signed by the Executive Leader of the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor indicating their agreement to act as your Fiscal Sponsor. An original ink signature is required. This letter should be scanned and uploaded with your application attachments.
- Within the “Organization Contact Information” tab of the online application system, your organization and/or project is the applicant. The Executive Leader and Application Contact is the leader and contact person for your organization and/or project. You will tell us about your Fiscal Sponsor under the “Fiscal Sponsor” Heading of the “Application Information” tab. Within this section, we are seeking the Organization Name and Executive Leader of your Fiscal Sponsor. All questions regarding registration with the PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations should be completed using your Fiscal Sponsor’s information.
- Upload the IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter of your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Upload the Board of Directors List of your Fiscal Sponsor. If you organization/project also utilizes leadership team, please provide.
- Upload the most recent 990 of your Fiscal Sponsor. If the applicant organization has a separate budget or financial statement that would assist the grantmaking committee in their review of an application, this document may also be uploaded.
- The organization acting as your Fiscal Sponsor will receive notification of whether or not a grant has been awarded. If a grant is awarded the Fiscal Sponsor will be required to execute the Grant Agreement and will be sent the grant funds to be allocated to your organization appropriately. Your Fiscal Sponsor will be responsible for ensuring the funds are used as indicated in the original proposal and/or grant agreement.
If you should have any questions regarding TFEC grant opportunities or your application, please contact Jennifer Strechay, Program Officer for Community Investment, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-236-5040.