2021: Application Now Available; Deadline February 1, 2021
The Perry County Community Foundation (PCCF), a regional foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), conducts an annual competitive grantmaking program for nonprofit organizations serving Perry County.
PCCF seeks to fund programs and services that have the potential for the greatest impact on the quality of life and positive outcomes for individuals and families living in Perry County. Through its grantmaking, PCCF invests in innovative, collaborative approaches and solutions to community problems and supports projects that demonstrate achievable outcomes, the potential for replication as a model program, and plans for sustainability beyond the grant term.
PCCF requires that applicant organizations be aligned with one or more of the following funding priorities
- Arts & Culture
- Community Development
- Health & Human Services
PCCF is additionally pleased to welcome grant applications that address
- Substance abuse prevention & treatment
- Mental health services
- Programs for young people in Perry County
- Programs & projects that focus upon or nurture access to early childhood education
- Eligible projects must serve individuals, groups, and/or locations within Perry County.
- Applicants must either be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, or have a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization act as a fiscal sponsor for the proposed project.
- Grant seekers may apply for any project that best fits their needs and the PCCF guidelines; PCCF no longer uses separate applications for program or capacity projects.
- If you are awarded a grant, we ask that a representative from your agency to be present at PCCF’s Annual Grant Presentation Program taking place in Spring 2021. Grant award checks will be presented at the event.
Size of Grants
The maximum grant is $3,500. In 2020 grant awards ranged from $1,000 -$3,500. Grants are awarded for one year. PCCF will not fund 100% of any project.
- October 1, 2020: Application available.
- February 1, 2021: All application materials must be submitted through the online application system by 4:00pm.
- Applicants will be notified of their status on or by June 1, 2021.
- Proposed projects may take place at any time during the grant year beginning July 1, 2021 and ending June 30, 2022. Only projects taking place during the stated grant year will be considered for this round of funding.
What We Do Not Fund
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
Criteria for Evaluating Proposals
The PCCF Advisory Committee makes all grantmaking decision and consists of a dedicated group of individuals committed to the betterment of Perry County. Committee members evaluate each applicant submission and make valuable suggestions to ensure that work supported by the PCCF will make a difference. The Grant Review Committee may request additional information about the grant proposal prior to making an award or denial.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
Follow Three Simple Steps to Apply
- ACCESS, download and/or print the 2021 Perry County Community Foundation Grant Application here: 2021 Perry County Community Foundation Grant Application
- LOGIN into the TFEC online application system and begin or update your online profile here:
- Click here to BEGIN your online profile for the 2021 Perry County Community Foundation Grant Application– Applicants who have never used TFEC’s online application system must create an account login when using the online application system for the first time.
- Click here to UPDATE your online profile and return to a saved application.
- UPLOAD all required materials to the Attachments Tab within the online application system and select submit before 4pm on the application deadline. This grant opportunity requires attachments. See the Grant Application for full instructions. All required materials will be uploaded within the Attachments Tab; materials should not be mailed or delivered.
Helpful Hints: Using the Online Application System
- To begin, you will enter the applicant organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number. You will not will not be able to create an Organization Profile without it.
- You may Save and Finish Later at any time.
- Some information provided in the online application system is identical to information provided in the grant application; be sure that these answers correspond.
- The grant application and all attachments, including letters of support if applicable, are to be uploaded and submitted using the online application system.
- Save a copy of all materials for yourself prior to selecting Submit.
- Submit all materials prior to the deadline; the online application system will automatically close after 4pm.
- TFEC staff cannot access or view your Draft Materials.
Notes to Remember
- Only projects taking place during the stated grant year will be considered for this round of funding.
- Applicants with current grant awards from TFEC who are delinquent or non-compliant in grant reporting requirements may have subsequent grant applications denied.
Applicants using a Fiscal Sponsor for this application must also follow the directions below
ACCESSING THE APPLICATION
- Because your Fiscal Sponsor is the organization who has 501c3 status, you will need to enter the Fiscal Sponsor Organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number, when beginning your work in the online application system.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
- Within the “Application Information” tab of the online application system, you will see a “Fiscal Sponsor” Heading. Within this section, the Organization Name and Contact Information should be for the Organization and Executive Leader of the organization serving as your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Because your Fiscal Sponsor is the organization who is registered with the Commonwealth, answer all questions about the PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations using your Fiscal Sponsor’s information.
- For all other elements of the “Organization Contact Information” and “Application Information” tabs, the name of your organization/project is the Applicant Organization and all other questions should be answered using your organization/project information rather than your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Your application must include a letter signed (digital or original) by the Executive Leader of the organization who is serving as your Fiscal Sponsor stating their agreement to do so. This letter will be uploaded with your application attachments.
- Upload the IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter of your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Upload the Board of Directors List for your Fiscal Sponsor AND if your organization/project has its own Leadership Team list, please also upload.
- Upload the most recent 990 of your Fiscal Sponsor. If your organization/project has a separate budget or financial statement that would assist the grantmaking committee in their review of an application, please also upload.
- The organization serving as your Fiscal Sponsor will receive notification of whether or not a grant has been awarded. If a grant is awarded the Fiscal Sponsor will be required to execute the Grant Agreement and will be sent the grant funds to be allocated to your organization appropriately. Your Fiscal Sponsor will be responsible for ensuring the funds are used as indicated in the original proposal and/or grant agreement.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Applicants may request a draft review of their application materials by the Program Officer for Community Investment prior to submission. To submit a draft review, email all materials to be reviewed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Draft review requests are limited to one review of each grant opportunity and submissions must be received at least two weeks prior to the application deadline.
If you should have any questions regarding TFEC grant opportunities or your application, please contact Andrea Iguina, Interim Program Officer for Community Investment, at email@example.com or 717-236-5040. Questions are welcome at any time!