APPLICATION AVAILABLE OCTOBER 1; DEADLINE FEBRUARY 1
The mission of The Kids Trust Fund is to help young children of abuse grow up in a happy, safe, and exciting environment. The Kids Trust Fund was created in 2005 by and in memory of Gary L. Houck, Jr. At the age of 29, Gary became a victim of suicide. Gary’s wish was to create a fund that would provide support and services to young children who are living with physical or emotional abuse, or neglect. The Kids Trust Fund is a fund of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities.
Please visit The Kids Trust Web site at www.thekidstrust.org.
The Kids Trust Fund invites established nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations to submit proposals to support child-focused programs and services that are within the confines of existing programs and services that your agency currently provides.
Eligible activities may include:
- Therapeutic recreational, fun activities for children of abuse
- Early intervention services
- Support groups for individuals or families
- Mental, emotional, or behavioral health services
Programs must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Serve children aged 0-18 years old and/or their families
- Operate within the counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, York and Lancaster.
- Enhance or expand the services already provided by your organization (if your organization is proposing a new program, you must provide a plan for sustaining the program after the grant term)
We are interested in supporting innovative activities that directly benefit children of abuse and their families. Proposals should:
- Be innovative and not duplicate existing programs and services
- Empower children of abuse
- Be collaborative in nature
- Have the potential to become long-term solutions to existing abuse issues involving youth
- Demonstrate measurable and achievable outcomes
Size of Grants
The average grant award is $2,500.
- October 1, 2021: Application available.
- February 1, 2022: All application materials must be submitted through the online application system by 4:00pm.
- Applicants will be notified of their status on June 1 2022.
- Proposed projects may take place at any time during the grant year beginning July 1, 2022 and ending June 30, 2023.
- If awarded a grant, The Kids Trust Fund asks that a representative from each agency be present at the Kid’s Trust annual Run on the Roof fundraiser held in June at Madden Physical Therapy, 5425 Jonestown Road, Harrisburg. Grant award checks will be presented at that event (date to be determined).
What We Do Not Fund
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- Grants to individuals or for-profit organizations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
Criteria for Evaluating Proposals
The Kids Trust Fund Advisory Committee makes all grantmaking decision and consists of a dedicated group of individuals committed to the betterment of children and families. The Grant Review Committee may request additional information or seek a site visit prior to making an award or denial.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
Follow Three Simple Steps to Apply
- ACCESS, download and/or print The Kids Trust Fund Grant Application here: The Kids Trust Fund Grant Application
- LOGIN into the TFEC online application system and begin or update your online profile here:
- Click here to BEGIN your online profile for The Kids Trust Fund Grant Application – Applicants who have never used TFEC’s online application system must create an account login when using the online application system for the first time.
- Click here to UPDATE your online profile and return to a saved application.
- UPLOAD all required materials to the Attachments Tab within the online application system and select submit before 4pm on the application deadline. This grant opportunity requires attachments. See the Grant Application for full instructions. All required materials will be uploaded within the Attachments Tab; materials should not be mailed or delivered.
Helpful Hints: Using the Online Application System
- To begin, you will enter the applicant organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number. You will not will not be able to create an Organization Profile without it.
- You may Save and Finish Later at any time.
- Some information provided in the online application system is identical to information provided in the grant application; be sure that these answers correspond.
- The grant application and all attachments, including letters of support if applicable, are to be uploaded and submitted using the online application system.
- Save a copy of all materials for yourself prior to selecting Submit.
- Submit all materials prior to the deadline; the online application system will automatically close after 4pm.
- TFEC staff cannot access or view your Draft Materials.
Notes to Remember
- Only projects taking place during the stated grant year will be considered for this round of funding.
- Applicants with current grant awards from TFEC who are delinquent or non-compliant in grant reporting requirements may have subsequent grant applications denied.
Applicants using a Fiscal Sponsor for this application must also follow the directions below
ACCESSING THE APPLICATION
- Because your Fiscal Sponsor is the organization who has 501c3 status, you will need to enter the Fiscal Sponsor Organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number, when beginning your work in the online application system.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
- Within the “Application Information” tab of the online application system, you will see a “Fiscal Sponsor” Heading. Within this section, the Organization Name and Contact Information should be for the Organization and Executive Leader of the organization serving as your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Because your Fiscal Sponsor is the organization who is registered with the Commonwealth, answer all questions about the PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations using your Fiscal Sponsor’s information.
- For all other elements of the “Organization Contact Information” and “Application Information” tabs, the name of your organization/project is the Applicant Organization and all other questions should be answered using your organization/project information rather than your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Your application must include a letter signed (digital or original) by the Executive Leader of the organization who is serving as your Fiscal Sponsor stating their agreement to do so. This letter will be uploaded with your application attachments.
- Upload the IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter of your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Upload the Board of Directors List for your Fiscal Sponsor AND if your organization/project has its own Leadership Team list, please also upload.
- Upload the most recent 990 of your Fiscal Sponsor. If your organization/project has a separate budget or financial statement that would assist the grantmaking committee in their review of an application, please also upload.
- The organization serving as your Fiscal Sponsor will receive notification of whether or not a grant has been awarded. If a grant is awarded the Fiscal Sponsor will be required to execute the Grant Agreement and will be sent the grant funds to be allocated to your organization appropriately. Your Fiscal Sponsor will be responsible for ensuring the funds are used as indicated in the original proposal and/or grant agreement.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
All applicants are invited to contact our Community Investment Team, to discuss a proposed project or application.
Applicants may request a draft review of their application materials by our Community Investment Team prior to submission. To submit a draft review, email all materials to be reviewed as an attachment to email@example.com. Draft review requests are limited to one review of each grant opportunity and submissions must be received at least two weeks prior to the application deadline.