2020 Application Available Oct 1, 2019; Deadline Feb 1, 2020
The mission of The Kids Trust Fund is to help young children of abuse grow up in a happy, safe, and exciting environment. The Kids Trust Fund was created in 2005 by and in memory of Gary L. Houck, Jr. At the age of 29, Gary became a victim of suicide. Gary’s wish was to create a fund that would provide support and services to young children who are living with physical or emotional abuse, or neglect. The Kids Trust Fund is a fund of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities.
Please visit The Kids Trust Web site at www.thekidstrust.org.
The Kids Trust Fund invites established nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations to submit proposals to support child-focused programs and services that are within the confines of existing programs and services that your agency currently provides.
Eligible activities may include:
- Therapeutic recreational, fun activities for children of abuse
- Early intervention services
- Support groups for individuals or families
- Mental, emotional, or behavioral health services
Programs must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Serve children aged 0-18 years old and/or their families
- Operate within the counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, York and Lancaster.
- Enhance or expand the services already provided by your organization (if your organization is proposing a new program, you must provide a plan for sustaining the program after the grant term)
We are interested in supporting innovative activities that directly benefit children of abuse and their families. Proposals should:
- Be innovative and not duplicate existing programs and services
- Empower children of abuse
- Be collaborative in nature
- Have the potential to become long-term solutions to existing abuse issues involving youth
- Demonstrate measurable and achievable outcomes
Size of Grants
The average grant award is $2,500.
- October 1, 2019: Application available.
- February 1, 2020: All application materials must be submitted through the online application system by 4:00pm.
- Applicants will be notified of their grant status on or before June 1, 2020.
- Grant award notification will take place on or before June 1, 2020. If awarded a grant, The Kids Trust Fund asks that a representative from each agency be present at the Kid’s Trust annual Run on the Roof fundraiser held in June at Madden Physical Therapy, 5425 Jonestown Road, Harrisburg. Grant award checks will be presented at that event (date to be determined).
- Proposed projects may take place at any time during the grant year beginning July 1, 2020 and ending June 30, 2021. Only projects taking place during the stated grant year will be considered for this round of funding.
What We Do Not Fund
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- Grants to individuals or for-profit organizations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
Criteria for Evaluating Proposals
The Kids Trust Fund Advisory Committee makes all grantmaking decision and consists of a dedicated group of individuals committed to the betterment of children and families. Committee members evaluate each applicant submission and make valuable suggestions to ensure that work supported by The Kids Trust Fund will make a difference. The Grant Review Committee may request additional information or seek a site visit prior to making an award or denial.
Applicants may request a draft review of their application materials by the Program Officer for Community Investment prior to submission. To submit a draft review, email all materials to be reviewed as an attachment to email@example.com. Draft review requests should be limited to one review of each grant opportunity and staff will not be able to honor technical assistance requests made later than two weeks prior to the submission deadline.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
You may view, download, and/or print the application below. To complete the application you will need to download, complete, and upload the application and all required materials to the The Kids Trust Fund application link below within our online application system.
All applicants will follow three simple steps to complete an application to the The Kids Trust Fund:
- Access, download, and/or print the The Kids Trust Fund Grant Application here: The Kids Trust Fund 2020 Grant Application
- This grant opportunity requires signatures and attachments. See the Grant Application for full instructions.
- Log into our online application system at: Click here to begin a NEW application within the online application system or Click here to RETURN TO A SAVED application with the online application system. New applicants will need to create an account login when using the online application system for the first time. All users will complete the Organization Contact Information, Application Information, and Attachments Tabs before reviewing materials for submission. Some information provided in the online application system is identical to information provided in the grant application; please be sure that these answers correspond. For this grant opportunity, all required materials will be uploaded within the Attachments Tab; materials will not be mailed or delivered. Using the Review My Application Tab, review your materials for completeness, be sure to save and print a copy of all materials for yourself, and Submit. Please note that TFEC staff cannot access or view your Draft Materials, and that you must select “Submit” by 4pm on the deadline date.
Helpful Hints: Accessing the Online Application System
- To begin, you will enter the applicant organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number. You will not will not be able to create an Organization Profile without it.
- You may Save and Finish Later at any time when completing the Organization Profile and uploading documents.
- Submit all materials prior to the deadline; the online application system will close after 4pm.
Notes to Remember
- All materials, including letters of support if applicable, are to be uploaded and submitted online for this grant opportunity. Items requiring an original signature should be signed, scanned, and uploaded.
- Only projects taking place during the stated grant year will be considered for this round of funding.
- Applicants with current grant awards from TFEC who are delinquent or non-compliant in grant reporting requirements may have subsequent grant applications denied.
- Questions are welcome at any time and TFEC provides feedback on proposals that were not funded.
If using a Fiscal Sponsor for your application, you must also follow the directions below
- Enter the Fiscal Sponsor Organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Tax Identification Number, to access the online application system.
- Your application must include a letter signed by the Executive Leader of the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor indicating their agreement to act as your Fiscal Sponsor. An original signature is required. This letter should be uploaded with your application attachments.
- Within the “Application Information” tab of the online application system, you will be required to provide additional information about the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor under the “Fiscal Sponsor” Heading. Within this section, the Organization Name and Contact Information should be for the Organization and Executive Leader of the organization who is serving as your Fiscal Sponsor. You will also complete all questions regarding registration with the PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations using your Fiscal Sponsor’s information.
- For all other elements of the “Organization Contact Information” and “Application Information” tabs, your organization is the Applicant Organization and all other questions on the application should include information relating to your organization and not the organization who is acting as your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Upload the IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter of your Fiscal Sponsor.
- If applicable, upload the Board of Directors List for your organization AND your Fiscal Sponsor.
- Upload the most recent 990 of your Fiscal Sponsor. If the applicant organization has a separate budget or financial statement that would assist the grantmaking committee in their review of an application, this document may also be uploaded.
- The organization acting as your Fiscal Sponsor will receive notification of whether or not a grant has been awarded. If a grant is awarded the Fiscal Sponsor will be required to execute the Grant Agreement and will be sent the grant funds to be allocated to your organization appropriately. Your Fiscal Sponsor will be responsible for ensuring the funds are used as indicated in the original proposal and/or grant agreement.
If you should have any questions regarding TFEC grant opportunities or your application, please contact Jennifer Strechay, Program Officer for Community Investment, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-236-5040.