Passion Is for Doers.
Do you have it?
Being a philanthropist isn’t about the stocks you own, or don’t own. It’s not about where you come from. It’s not about what you look like. It’s about passion — that’s it.
And it’s why we created SPARK!, a contest designed to ignite your passion for bettering the world around you. Our inaugural, community-focused contest will reward one passionate doer with a $10,000 TFEC fund and the support needed to get their philanthropic passion off the ground.
All submissions are featured right here on this site, hopefully sparking you to put your passion into action by voting for the cause you’d like to see win a $10,000 fund. Rally your community behind your cause and be sure to share your passion with your friends, family, and social networks!
Meet the Spark! Contestants
Share your Passion with others! Send them the link to Spark! and let them know which cause you’d like them to support.
Enter your passion project into the mix!
Opens July 1st / Closes July 31st
Vote for the causes you’d like to see funded. And encourage others to vote for your cause
Aug 5th / Closes Aug 31st
We’ll narrow down our community’s favorite projects to the top [3-5] vote getters. This last round of voting will determine our $10,000 Spark! contest winner.
Spark! entries must meet the following requirements
- All residents of the United States, 21-years and older are eligible to submit and win. Entries must be submitted either online, at tfec.org/spark or dropped off/mailed to the TFEC offices 200 N. 3rd Street, 8th Floor, Harrisburg, PA 17101. One entry per individual. Full contest rules available at tfec.org/spark
- Submissions that meet the established criteria will be entered to win $10,000 in funding for their cause. Each cause will be presented for public voting on the tfec.org/spark website and can be shared with their networks however they like. The submission that receives the most votes will be named the winner, and will be notified by a TFEC representative on September 7th, 2022. Winners must be able to be reached by TFEC and all awarded funds must be used towards the area of interest fund that was submitted to the contest.
- Spark! is sponsored and conducted by The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), located at 200 N. 3rd Street, 8th Floor, Harrisburg, PA 17101.
- The contest winner will be selected by public vote, and receive $10,000, provided by TFEC, to their area of interest fund.
- Current or former employees of TFEC, persons with signing authority for TFEC Projects, current or former TFEC Directors or committee members, and current or former TFEC fundholders are not eligible to enter or to win.