Karen F. Snider Women in Philanthropy & Rising Philanthropist award nominations now open!
HARRISBURG, PA — Each year the Fund for Women & Girls (FWG) honors local women who are philanthropists through two awards – the Rising Philanthropists Award and the Karen F. Snider Women in Philanthropy Award at The Power of the Purse—the largest fundraising event for FWG with the purpose of honoring the women who are doing amazing philanthropic work in our region.
FWG was created in 2000 to broaden the awareness of, and respond to, issues affecting women and girls through the power of collective philanthropy. Join like-minded women and allies across Central PA by nominating a community hero who is tackling or financially uprooting the issues affecting women and girls in the communities where we live, work, and play.
Nominations for both of these awards are now open and can be submitted entirely online.
Karen F. Snider Women in Philanthropy Award
- Must be a female and/or identify as a woman in ways significant for them, aged 35 or older, who has worked or lived in the South-Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, or the Dillsburg Area.
- Must have demonstrated an interest in issues related to women’s health, education, and/or economic self-sufficiency.
- Must have provided a financial commitment to the Fund for Women & Girls and/or other women’s issues, programs, or projects within our local area.
- The nominee gives freely and unselfishly by providing her time, talent, and treasure to philanthropic community activities.
- The nominee inspires others and acts as a role model.
- The nominee has a positive impact on women and children’s direction and success related to community projects, programs, or individuals.
- The nominee improves the lives of others.
Rising Philanthropist Award
- Must be female and/or identify as women in ways that are significant for them, aged 21 – 35, who has worked or lived in the South-Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, or the Dillsburg Area.
- Must have provided a financial commitment to the Fund for Women & Girls and/or other women’s issues programs or projects within our local area.
- The nominee has impacted local organizations and has distinguished herself as a leader in the South-Central PA community.
To learn more about both of these awards or submit a nomination, visit www.tfec.org/wip.
# # #
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION FOR ENHANCING COMMUNITIES
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), the 18th oldest community foundation in the United States, inspires giving by partnering with donors to achieve their charitable goals, and strengthens our local communities by investing in them now, and for future generations. TFEC has been serving the South-Central Pennsylvania counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry, and the Dillsburg Area for 102 years. Regional foundations of TFEC include the Greater Harrisburg Community Foundation, the Franklin County Community Foundation, the Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation, the Perry County Community Foundation, and the Dillsburg Area Community Foundation.
For more information on TFEC, please visit www.tfec.org.