Karen F. Snider Women in Philanthropy & Rising Philanthropist award nominations now open!
HARRISBURG, Pa. (April 19, 2021) – Women control 51%–or $22 trillion—of the country’s personal wealth, a critical factor driving philanthropic decisions in Central Pennsylvania and across the United States. The Fund for Women & Girls celebrates women’s charitable giving each year with two awards presented to deserving women in our region.
The fund, which works to broaden awareness of and respond to issues affecting women and girls in our community, honors women making an impact in Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon and Perry counties and the Dillsburg area through the Rising Philanthropist and Karen F. Snider Women in Philanthropy Awards. The honors are presented during Power of the Purse, the funds’ largest fundraising event that celebrates women who dedicate their time, talent, and treasure to supporting and advancing the lives of women and girls. Nominations for both of these awards are now open and can be submitted entirely online.
Karen F. Snider Women in Philanthropy Award
- Must be a female and/or identify as women in ways significant for them, who has worked or lived in the South-Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, or the Dillsburg Area.
- Must have demonstrated an interest in issues related to women’s health, education, and/or economic self-sufficiency.
- Must have provided a financial commitment to the Fund for Women & Girls and/or other women’s issues, programs, or projects within our local area.
- The nominee gives freely and unselfishly by providing her time, talent, and treasure to philanthropic community activities.
- The nominee inspires others and acts as a role model.
- The nominee has a positive impact on women and children’s direction and success related to community projects, programs, or individuals.
- The nominee improves the lives of others.
Rising Philanthropist Award
- Must be female and/or identify as women in ways that are significant for them, aged 21 – 35, who has worked or lived in the South-Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, or the Dillsburg Area.
- Must have provided a financial commitment to the Fund for Women & Girls and/or other women’s issues programs or projects within our local area.
- The nominee has impacted local organizations and has distinguished herself as a leader in the South-Central PA community.
To learn more about both of these awards or submit a nomination, visit https://www.tfec.org/wfpop/tickets/.
About the Fund for Women & Girls
The Fund for Women and Girls was created in 2000 to broaden the awareness of, and respond to, issues affecting women and girls through the power of collective philanthropy. Women and girls around the world are inordinately represented among the poor, uneducated, and abused. Without a focused effort to combat the issues that face them, they will remain among the underserved. Our vision is of a community where they are afforded the right to live in safety, meet their basic needs for living, have the opportunities to pursue their dreams, and are inspired to experience the value of philanthropy.