HARRISBURG, PA — The Fund for Women & Girls (FWG) is delighted to be at the West Shore Country Club on Tuesday, April 18, 2023, for the Annual Grantee Recognition Breakfast. This year’s event will honor and recognize twelve local organizations making a positive impact supporting the women and girls in Central PA. Attendees will hear these organizations’ powerful stories of making real change and how they are creating opportunities for female health, safety, education, and inclusion right here in our region.
The organizations being recognized were awarded a combined total of $56,000 in grant funding. They include:
- Boys and Girls Club of Chambersburg and Shippensburg, SMART Girls
- Brethren Housing Association, Providing Access to Therapy for Single Mother Experiencing Homelessness
- Carlisle CARES DBA Community CARES, Family Emergency Shelter
- Community Check UP Center of South Harrisburg, Providing Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) for Uninsured Women
- Employment Skills Center, ASPIRE Plus-Success Academy for Women & Girls
- Girls on the Run Lancaster, Increasing Access to Girls on the Run’s Empowering Program
- Greenlight Operation, Restoration Home Project
- Healthy Communities Partnership of Franklin County, Go Girls Go!
- Healthy Steps Diaper Bank, Ending Diaper Need and Period Poverty in South Central PA
- Safe Harbour, Inc., Women’s Life Skills and Parenting Groups at Safe Harbour
- Sexual Assault Resource and Counseling Center (SARCC) of Lebanon and Schuylkill Counties, Building a Body Safety & Autonomy in Uncertain Times
- YWCA of Carlisle and Cumberland County, Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Services (SA/RCS) Counseling and Prevention Education
To learn more about each of The Fund for Women & Girls grantees visit https://www.tfec.org/our-community/initiatives/womens-fund/womens-fund-grants/.
The Fund for Women & Girls Annual Grantee Recognition Breakfast will be held on Tuesday, April 18, 2023, from 7:30–9:00 a.m. at the West Shore Country Club. Proceeds from this event directly support future grant making from The Fund for Women & Girls.
To purchase your tickets, visit https://www.tfec.org/wfgranteebreakfast/buytickets/.
ABOUT THE FUND FOR WOMEN & GIRLS
The Fund for Women and Girls, a special initiative of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), was created in 2000 to broaden the awareness of, and respond to, issues affecting women and girls through the power of collective philanthropy. Women and girls around the world are inordinately represented among the poor, uneducated, and abused. Without a focused effort to combat the issues that face them, they will remain among the underserved. Our vision is of a region where women and girls are afforded the right to live in safety, meet their basic needs for living, have the opportunities to pursue their dreams, and are inspired to experience the value of philanthropy.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION FOR ENHANCING COMMUNITIES
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), the 18th oldest community foundation in the United States, inspires giving by partnering with donors to achieve their charitable goals, and strengthens our local communities by investing in them now, and for future generations. TFEC has been serving the South-Central Pennsylvania counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry, and the Dillsburg Area for 102 years. Regional foundations of TFEC include the Greater Harrisburg Community Foundation, the Franklin County Community Foundation, the Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation, the Perry County Community Foundation, and the Dillsburg Area Community Foundation.
For more information on TFEC, please visit www.tfec.org.