APPLICATION NOW AVAILABLE; ROLLING DEADLINE
Hosted by The Foundation for Enhancing Communities and in partnership with the United Way of the Capital Region, the COVID-19 Community Response Fund will provide emergency funds to long-standing nonprofit organizations in Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, and Northern York Counties that are responding to the spread of COVID-19 and whose services are being directly affected by COVID-19 and are facing experiencing financial challenges by doing so.
- Food & Toiletries
- Personal Protective Equipment & Cleaning Supplies
- Technology & Educational Needs: related to COVID-19
- Medical Supports
We will also consider funding:
Additional staff for cleaning needs, homeless prevention: which includes hotel stays, rent assistance, and utility assistance (for individuals being served, not organizations) and General Operations.*
*These requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis, based upon the severity of the impact of COVID-19 as presented by the applicant and only for organizations that could not offer their programs in a virtual format due to the focus of their mission.
This page is available in Spanish here: COVID-19 Guías para propuestas de apoyo para el Fondo de Respuesta Comunitaria para el COVID-19
- Eligible organizations include 501c3 nonprofit organizations or other charitable organizations able to receive a tax-deductible contribution, such as schools, faith-based organizations, and other public entities. This opportunity is not available to groups fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 nonprofit organization, individuals or businesses directly, labor unions, or other 501c4, 501c5, and 501c6 organizations.
- Applicants must be long-standing nonprofit organizations in Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, and Northern York Counties that are responding to the spread of COVID-19 and whose services are being directly affected by COVID-19 and are facing experiencing financial challenges by doing so.
- A long-standing nonprofit organization is a 501c3 nonprofit organization who has served a specified community for three or more years, has three or more full-time and/or full-time equivalent paid staff members, a Board of Directors, is currently registered with the Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations, and takes part in a Financial Review or Audit each year. Please note, as of June 1, 2020, the requirement of three full-time staff members has been expanded to include three Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) staff members as defined by the Small Business Administration. Using this definition, two employees, each of whom works half the amount of a full-time employee, are the equivalent of one full-time employee.
- The following activities are not eligible for this support opportunity: advertising, capital campaigns, direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations, individuals, national and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence, new staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability, religious organizations for religious purposes, retroactive projects.
Support Available & Timeline
- At this time, the COVID-19 Community Response Fund will accept applications for up to $2,500 in support.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the crisis. Applicants who are awarded funds must wait 30 days before submitting a new application. Applicants who are not awarded funds may apply again upon receiving notification of denial.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; awarded funds may be utilized upon receipt.
The COVID-19 Community Response Fund Advisory Committee consists of leadership from The Foundation for Enhancing Communities and The United Way of the Capital Region. Committee members will work together to evaluate applications and equitably distribute funds to nonprofit organizations who address the funding priority and that are located throughout Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, and Northern York Counties.
Email your completed COVID-19 Community Response Fund Application for Support and required attachments to email@example.com. Complete applications will be reviewed. Incomplete applications, applications that do not include a requested dollar amount, applications without the required attachments, and applications that do not use the COVID-19 Community Response Fund Application for Support Form will be returned to the applicant for correction.